Ahhhaaaa, Dessert Recipes, the key to any successful dinner party!
One way to be sure to impress at a dinner party is of course hire a personal chef! Well of course we would suggest that first, however we understand that you’re not going to hire a chef every time you have friends over and so that’s why we love to help out where we can with recipes, dining tips and updates from the food and beverage industry.
Below we have brought together 4 of our simplest, super easy dessert recipes for you to try at home. None of them need a Michelin star pastry chef and none of them will take an entire day slaving over the stove.
Super easy is the name and sure to impress dessert recipes are the game.
4 Super easy, Delicious dessert recipes
- Chocolate, peanut butter and avocado mousse
- Quick & easy tiramisu
- Prosecco, Basil and vanilla Poached peaches
- Apple crumble sundae
Chocolate, peanut butter & avocado mousse
- 2 large, ripe avocados
- 1 large banana
- 4 soft prunes
- 6 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter)
- 3 tbsp cacao
- 100 g melted chocolate
- This is one of our healthier dessert recipes. Notice we said healthier! Not necessarily y healthier but definitely less sugar than a caramelised Tarte Tatin with vanilla ice cream;)
- Scoop the avocado flesh, and combine with the banana, prunes, almond milk, peanut butter and cacao in a food processor. Blend until smooth and then add in the melted chocolate
- Split the mousse between 4 small cups or glasses and allow to set in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- To serve you can use some ice cream, Coconut or almond milk based would work well keeping this delicious mousse somewhat on the healthy side of things 😉
Quick & easy tiramisu
- 2-3 shots espresso (dependant on personal taste)
- 3 tbsp coffee Kahlua
- 250g tub mascarpone
- 85g condensed milk
- 1 vanilla pod
- 6 lady finger biscuits (savoiadi biscuits)
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- Mix the coffee and Kahlua, set to one side.
- Soak the Biscuits in the coffee for just a few seconds. 9they will soak up the liquid pretty quickly but don’t allow to break)
- Place the soaked biscuits in the bottom of a cocktail or wine glass that you will serve the tiramisu in.
- Meanwhile, mix the condensed milk and mascarpone with the vanilla pod and then spoon the mix over the top of the coffee soaked biscuits. Be careful to keep the glass clean for presentation.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour then sprinkle with Cocoa and serve with some Biscotti.
Prosecco, Basil and vanilla Poached peaches
- 2 vanilla pods, seeds scraped
- 100g golden caster sugar
- 8 basil leaves
- 4 large peaches
- 200ml Prosecco
- For the vanilla cream
- 2 vanilla pods
- 200ml whipping cream
- This such a simple number when it comes to dessert recipes. It looks beautiful and is perfect for a light summers evening.
- Scrape the vanilla beans from both vanilla pods, put half of the beans in a bowl for use with the cream later and the half in a small sauce pan, also put the scraped pods in the pot.
- Now add the sugar and prosecco and bring to a very light simmer. Once simmering add the peaches (stoned and halved) and poach for between 3-6 minutes depending on how ripe they are. (ripe peaches will cook quickly)
- Just as you think they are cooked remove from the heat and allow to sit for 5 mins letting the residual heat finish the process. Now add the basil 9we don’t add this too early as it will simply stew and lose its fragrancy)
- Meanwhile whip the cream with the vanilla beans and whip to form firm peaks.
- To serve spoon the peaches and a little syrup into a small bowl, a dollop of vanilla cream and some fresh basil leaves to garnish!
Apple crumble sundae
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 Granny Smiths apples
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tiny pinch of nutmeg
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 8 scoops vanilla ice cream (Roasted macadamia ice cream also works super well)
- Good Quality Spiced Granola (we make our own or sometimes buy a cinnamon and Macadamia Granola. A good granola is key here)
- Take a non-stick fry pan and cook the apples until soft with the butter, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Spoon the Apple Mix into glasses or something suitable for a sundae and allow to cool.
- To serve, scoop some good vanilla ice cream onto the mix and top with a fair amount of spiced crumble
There you have it, no excuses, 4 Super easy dessert recipes to try at home. All quick to make and quicker to impress.
If you have some similar easy, fast last minute recipes we would love to hear about them in the comments below.